"I have something, you have another, and together we have something bigger and more beautiful. This is how we go forward." — Pope Francis
Be a Mentor – Help Others Succeed
Mentoring has powerful positive effects. A Teaching Together Chicago (TTC) Mentor provides ongoing support to young adults with disabilities who have transitioned from an intern to an employee. Mentoring provides a much-needed safety net after the Social Service Agency (SSA) Coach has completed their advocacy role.
Who Can Mentor?
If you have a passion for working with young adults with disabilities and want to help them attain personal growth and development, and help them participate in social and economic opportunities, we want to talk to you!
What TTC Mentor’s Do
- Meet with the mentoree, school, and SSA Coach to assure a smooth transition.
- Provide on-site school visits bi-monthly or as needed.
- Assist an individual to achieve their full potential in a safe and respectful environment.
- Look for opportunities within the school to foster growth and development of your mentoree.
- Enhance employee achievement, confidence, and self-esteem in their work role.
- Act as liaison between school, mentoree, and family to assist with work role and scheduling.
Dozens of schools and local Social Service Agencies throughout the Chicagoland area have partnered with us. Won't you?
Meet TTC's Supporting Team
Watch Us in Action!
Let's Teach Together!
Teaching Together has successfully (and proudly) helped young adults gain skills they are now using as paid employees. We’d love to talk to you about how we can work together to improve the lives of those living with daily challenges!